Your existing SAP investments can provide a great return and value – if you know where to look! The key is to focus on your data – from there everything falls into place.
We’ve outlined five tips to provide a roadmap for getting the most out of your SAP data and support your organizational targets:
- Integrate your data. Combine all of your data, from disparate sources, together into a single view. This isn’t easy and many companies have tried and failed here. The key deliverable at this stage is a true appreciation of the opportunity and accurate scoping of the immediate and potential ROI from this exercise.
- Cleanse your data. Now that you have a single version of the truth, the data can be cleansed to eliminate the bad data. Key areas that need to be addressed here include duplicate data, incomplete and incorrect data, such as with names and addresses.
- Enrich your data. Cleansed data can then be associated with further data sources that will allow for data augmentation. This process ensures that the data’s link to data points is multiplied exponentially. This linkage and association to such information such as Cleansed Name, Status, Legal Form, Credit Score and many others ensures that the integrated data from step one delivers additional opportunities as the full scale of the ROI projects becomes clear.
- Analyze your data. The data is now ready for deep analysis and in-house classification. Additional dynamic rules can be added to the data to ensure that the data is as accurate and high quality as possible. This is critical to ensure that the data being used across the firm is trusted and is validated by respected internal resources.
- Visualize your data. The users are now looking at a single version of the truth that has not only been cleansed, enriched and internally validated but now offers the data in highly graphical and visually pleasing format. The speed with which non-technical users can establish patterns within their data is maximized when provided with complete, intuitive and responsible graphical dashboards.